• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Voice & Creating S planner appointments

ash92x

Dec 29, 2012
Hi all,

I've been looking for a way to make S voice add calendar appointments that default to my gmail account (so it's in sync with my other devices when I create it)

Problem is no matter what I try, I can't get s voice to add appointments/tasks to gmail. Only "My calendar" which is the phones local storage.

I also tried to make S voice default calendar appointments to my samsung account to no avail.

What I tried:

1: Unlinking all accounts from my phone and then relinking them in a certain order so my gmail was at the top of the calendar list (to see if this would make default to gmail - it didn't)

2: Tapping the appointment when spoken into S voice (before clicking/saying "save) and then changing the calendar it will save to. This seems to be the closest way of doing it - as I can change the calendar default from my planner to my samsung/gmail account - but then when I try to save a new appointment via S voice alone I recieve a "I cannot save your appointment to your calendar message" until I tap the appointment and change back to "my calendar" pre-save.

Has anyone figured out how to get it workings so I can save stuff to S planner using s voice whilst having it default to my google calendar?

Thanks

Ash

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones