• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 Screen cracking

nsb103

Lurker
Nov 27, 2012
My s3 screen cracked itself literally in front of my eyes, while I was watching a video on it. I see several other people have reported similar problems with the s3 and unexplained screen cracks, which presumably have to be caused by either thermal expansion or a bad batch. Either way, the Carphone Warehouse have refused to repair under warranty on the grounds that it appears to be accidental damage. I am submitting mine to Samsung, who I have no doubt will say the same thing, at which point if I can gather some details on similar cases I will try my luck in small claims court.

If this has happened to you and you are interested in helping with my case (if I did win the precedent would make getting your repair a lot easier) please get in touch either through the forum or by email to nsb103@hotmail.co.uk

Neill

My s3 screen cracked itself literally in front of my eyes, while I was watching a video on it. I see several other people have reported similar problems with the s3 and unexplained screen cracks, which presumably have to be caused by either thermal expansion or a bad batch. Either way, the Carphone Warehouse have refused to repair under warranty on the grounds that it appears to be accidental damage. I am submitting mine to Samsung, who I have no doubt will say the same thing, at which point if I can gather some details on similar cases I will try my luck in small claims court.

If this has happened to you and you are interested in helping with my case (if I did win the precedent would make getting your repair a lot easier) please get in touch either through the forum or by email to nsb103@hotmail.co.uk

Neill

Good luck & give 'em hell- you shouldn't be forced to pay for faulty materials.

Upvote 0
"Oh the phone came with bad battery and it's not just you draining it to 0% 5 times making the battery become shot? Sure, here's your free replacement"

"Oh the phone is breaking your memory cards? Sure, here's your free replacement"

"Oh the phone's signal strength is crap even though your friend on same network is getting good signal when standing next to you? Must be bad internal hardware of the radio, here's your free replacement"

"Oh your screen cracked due to faulty glass manufacturing? Sorry, but we don't cover you accidentally dropping your phone"

!!!!RAGE!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones