• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 Repaired. Fake parts?

MaddogB2

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
Hi all.

I have just had a screen replaced on a Galaxy S4 by a local phone repair shop.

The guys assured me he only uses genuine Samsung parts, however when I got it back the Samsung logo on the glass was blanked off with a black rectangle. And also one corner of the screen was lifting so that the glass was sticking up proud of the frame.

I called to query these issues and he told me that he'd simply forgotten to scratch off the black thing and I could do it myself, and that he would take another look at the liftng screen.

Needless to say I'm now sceptical. Why would the Samsung logo on a genuine Samsung part be hidden? I've seen YouTube videos of fake samsung parts where the logos are covered up in the packaging to get around copyright issues.

Is it possible the screen on my fone is fake?

I should add that the original fault was that the amoled screen was broken, but not the outer glass after I accidentally sat on the fone. The guy told me he had to replace the lot together. Is this true or have I been duped?

Thanks in advance for you valuable input.

Cheers,

Mark.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones