1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S4 Repaired. Fake parts?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by MaddogB2, Aug 24, 2016.

1. MaddogB2

MaddogB2 Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2016
    Hi all.

I have just had a screen replaced on a Galaxy S4 by a local phone repair shop.

The guys assured me he only uses genuine Samsung parts, however when I got it back the Samsung logo on the glass was blanked off with a black rectangle. And also one corner of the screen was lifting so that the glass was sticking up proud of the frame.

I called to query these issues and he told me that he'd simply forgotten to scratch off the black thing and I could do it myself, and that he would take another look at the liftng screen.

Needless to say I'm now sceptical. Why would the Samsung logo on a genuine Samsung part be hidden? I've seen YouTube videos of fake samsung parts where the logos are covered up in the packaging to get around copyright issues.

Is it possible the screen on my fone is fake?

I should add that the original fault was that the amoled screen was broken, but not the outer glass after I accidentally sat on the fone. The guy told me he had to replace the lot together. Is this true or have I been duped?

Thanks in advance for you valuable input.

Cheers,

Mark.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Can't comment on the reality/fakeness, but since the screen, digitiser and cover glass are typically bonded together he was almost certainly telling the truth about needing to replace the lot.

Jfalls63 and AZgl1500 like this.
  3. MaddogB2

MaddogB2 Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2016
    Okay, well that males me feel a bit better, cheer's! :)

Jfalls63 likes this.