1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s5 camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mandymae1981, Oct 26, 2014.

1. mandymae1981

mandymae1981 Newbie

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their pictures not looking that great. I traded my note 3 for this s5 because the camera was supposed to be better quality but my pics look blurry and the pictures don't seem to have a good/rich quality. I have it on the 16 mega pixel setting. I've tried to YouTube but I can't find anything for the quality.. please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Make sure the protective film has been removed from the lens of the camera. Both of them.

3. mandymae1981

mandymae1981 Newbie

I checked them both and they have been.. I'm wondering if there is a setting that is supposed to be set that isnt. I have it on auto.. I wonder if it should be on beauty face or something different?

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I'm using Auto, and have HDR turned OFF.

You must hold the camera/phone rock solid like a brick on concrete to use it in HDR mode. It is taking a lot of different "snap shots" and then averaging all of the pixels to get the absolute sharpest pix possible.

Great if you are using a tripod, or setting the phone on a solid wall or stone.

Not so good, if you are hand holding it...

5. mandymae1981

mandymae1981 Newbie

I haven't tried anything in HD yet. I was trying to snapchat a pic of my TV in the dark and it seemed to have a hazy glow around it so the pic wasn't clear...

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews