• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S5 doesn't lock after screen lock password change error

I'm using Finger Scanner and changed the backup password...well, I changed the Lock screen password by accident. Now, the phone never locks even well past timeout period nor on power up. I went back and tried to fix my error but Lock screen setting app doesn't recognize the new password or the old one. And, when I figured out my error, I changed the backup password in the Finger Scanner setting app. Nothing seems to help.

Any ideas? Thanks.

P.S. Android 6.0.1

Recovery or factory reset? If recovery delete the data.

I'm finally getting around to looking at responses...thanks for the ideas!

I can't find a place to clear the finger scanner data. App Mgr doesn't have a clear data option for it. I did the recovery/clear cache and change the backup pw but it doesn't seem to help. I still see bubbles when I restart. Clear data is a bit bigger job and I'll try that but I have to make time to do some backup.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones