• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S5 dropping wi-fi and data signal

Okay, so my wifi was really slow on my Samsung Galaxy S5 with Verizon. I would run speed tests, and it would perform well for a half second, then completely crash. Then a couple seconds later it would perform well again. I tried a TON of stuff, and finally figured something out. If I TURNED OFF "Mobile Data", POW. It was blazing fast.

So, I think it was getting confused and didn't know whether to use mobile data or wifi data. It would flip-flop back and forth, losing connection in between. I disabled mobile data, re-enabled it, and now it is working very fast.

Upvote 0
i think this has something to do with connection optimizer.. The way it works, it is constantly checks to see which is faster.. wifi, or data..

turn off optimizer.. should be able to fix some of yalls issues..

There is no such "feature" on my Verizon phone.
Can you show a screenshot of what you are talking about please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones