• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S6 Edge volume too low via aux cord/headphones and Bluetooth

S6edge46220

May 11, 2015
Picked up a 64gb S6 Edge last Friday and have about had my fill of it. First phone had a dead pixel on the screen, wouldn't cast to my Samsung SmartTV, and will not interface with the USB connection in my car that my iPhone's always worked perfectly with. Got a replacement and the pixel issue is gone, but still won't work with my Samsung TV or Chevy's entertainment system.

All that aside, its stupid fast, fits the hand nicely, and I love the functionality of Android over iOS. I can live with listening to music in my car with the aux cord...but the volume is way too low. Again called Samsung and they had nothing. Also tested with headphones and have the same issue. I have run AdaptSound, made no difference. I literally have to turn my car radio to the max to be able to hear the radio over road noise, same goes for Bluetooth call audio. This phone is about half as loud as my iPhone was under the same setup. Is anyone else having this issue or found a fix? If I can't find a workaround or Samsung won't acknowledge an issue I am afraid I will have to go back to iOS, as this is a deal breaker for me.

There's has been a few recent posts about some car systems and Samsungs, etc.

HT1665--combo_ipod_iphone_ipad-001-en.jpg

There was one about a Pioneer system which wouldn't work with an Android phone via USB, and apparently Pioneer recommended buying a new head unit.

As for your Samsung TV problem, are you using wireless DLNA, and does your particular Samsung TV support that? And dead or stuck pixels can happen with any device, and you're right to return it for exchange.

The S6 volume available via the headphone jack could just be the way it is, or it may actually be capped. There's a volume warning disclaimer popup you might see sometimes if you do turn the volume up beyond a certain level when using the headphone jack. Which I'm sure was done because of lawsuit happy countries, and dimwits possibly suing Samsung, etc, because they allegedly deafened themselves playing their music too loud with headphones. And there's EU legislation on it as well AFAIK.

IANAL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones