• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Edge not recognized by windows 10

Steps to Download and Install Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge USB Drivers –
1) First http://downloadmirror.co/android/SLj/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1.5.59.exe on your PC.

2) Now uninstall any other Samsung driver installed on your PC and then restart your PC.

3) Connect you Galaxy S7 to PC via USB cable, locate the driver file and double-click on it to start the installation process.

4) Now follow the On-screen instructions and complete the installation process.

5) Restart your computer after the installation process complete.

6) Now all drivers should be successfully installed. Connect your devices to PC and start transferring files between your PC and phone.

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0
For me when i plug my S7 into my computer (Windows 10) it just starts to charge. I open my phone and go to notifications, In the list Its asked what i want to do when plugged in, (or something like that). It has 4 or 5 options to choose from. I just choose transfer files. Once you choose that on your phone it appears on your computer. Open This PC on your computer and your galaxy s7 is there, then just open that and you have your choice of where you want to transfer files, SD card or Phone.

Upvote 0
tried all of the above and no cigar. Tried on 3 different computers all running up to date Windows 10 none recognize the phone It seems the problem is with the phone. Everything else works perfectly. I really did not want to return the phone but it appears I am out of options unless someone has any additional suggestions. Many thanks to those who tried to help.

Upvote 0
Its not windows 10, its your phone, (but not in a way you have to return it), plug your phone in to USB. It starts to charge. Unlock your phone and swipe down opening up your notification ON THE PHONE. You will see a notification that your phone is charging. Tap that to open it up. You will have options of what to choose when connected to the computer. Once you select transfer files your phone will appear on the computer. Open This PC (On the computer), you will see all the drives and your phone will appear as its own drive. Open the phone drive. You will then see (device or phone storage and SD card storage). You can open what ever one you choose to find the folder you want to put your files into.
I have done this several times now. The 1st time it kinda stumped me as this is an unusual approach to accessing the phone storage. This might be a new Marshmallow thing, I don't know. But this is how it works on my computer. Easy Peasy

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
"Its not windows 10, its your phone,..."It's too bad Verizon didn't figure this out b4 they decided to sell this phone. I spent 45 fruitless minutes on the phone with Verizon tech support before she finally asgonizingly acknowledged that there was no solution. I returned the phone to Verizon and switched back to AT&T the next day. I will never trust Samsung or Verizon again. EVER.

Upvote 0
"Its not windows 10, its your phone,..."It's too bad Verizon didn't figure this out b4 they decided to sell this phone. I spent 45 fruitless minutes on the phone with Verizon tech support before she finally asgonizingly acknowledged that there was no solution. I returned the phone to Verizon and switched back to AT&T the next day. I will never trust Samsung or Verizon again. EVER.
Yeah, because you were too busy to try looking at the notifications, you won't trust them anymore for something that's totally your fault.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
I had this same issue, and did not have the option to choose what happened with the connection on my phone. I realized my computer was saying "USB device not recognized" when even just the charger was plugged in, no phone connected. I switched out the cord, and was able to choose to transfer files. May not be a common cause of this issue, but it may be worth checking.

Upvote 0
Its not windows 10, its your phone, (but not in a way you have to return it), plug your phone in to USB. It starts to charge. Unlock your phone and swipe down opening up your notification ON THE PHONE. You will see a notification that your phone is charging. Tap that to open it up. You will have options of what to choose when connected to the computer. Once you select transfer files your phone will appear on the computer. Open This PC (On the computer), you will see all the drives and your phone will appear as its own drive. Open the phone drive. You will then see (device or phone storage and SD card storage). You can open what ever one you choose to find the folder you want to put your files into.
I have done this several times now. The 1st time it kinda stumped me as this is an unusual approach to accessing the phone storage. This might be a new Marshmallow thing, I don't know. But this is how it works on my computer. Easy Peasy

No. It isn't. Windows10 has a block on non-MS drivers, so ya gotta go into UEFI (hold select button while clicking on reboot and it'll boot into UEFI) - Advanced Settings - and disable driver signature verification. It'll reboot (and will stay disabled until next reboot) so reinstall that Samsung driver and try again. Should be good to go from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones