• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 G930P stuck in bootloop after rooting

Hope it works. Not much else I know to try.

After loading all 4 files and connecting S7

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> emmc_appsboot.mbn

Seems stuck here? But it hasn't failed... at least the output is different.

Upvote 0
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!

Seems stuck here? But it hasn't failed... at least the output is different.
Let it run till fail or success. Could take up to 30 min or more. I usually go make a sandwich or coffee.

Reactions: Hopper Kremer
Upvote 0
Haven't seen that before. Can you post a screenshot?
upload_2017-9-14_22-27-40.png

I think it stopped...

Upvote 0
Fingers-crossed this works out. I'm wondering if this is a USB issue, you don't have your phone plugged into a USB hub to you? Better to plug it directly into a USB port when doing something like this.
In any case, a ROM download is a 1GB+ file and it's being decompressed as it's being installed into your phone's internal storage so it's not a quick process.

Upvote 0
Why are you using the modified Odin?....

That could be the issue. Or it's one of these, you're using a USB hub, USB 3.0 port or USB 3.0 cable. If you're using a desktop use the ports in the back. Last but not least any cable can cause issues, try one from a older phone or from a friend.

Use regular Odin 3.12.7 or whatever and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies! I just woke up to that "set partition" in the top left tile of Odin and after unplugging the phone it failed. When I get home later I'll try Odin 3.12.7 & another cable if I can. Is there any way I can get the screen to turn off so it will charge better? Anyway, here's the Odin output:

<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Removed!!

How should I format output/code on here?

Upvote 0
Reactions: Hopper Kremer
Upvote 0
Link to Odin version 3.12.3 can be found here in instructions for flashing.

&lt;br&gt;

&lt;a href='http://updato.com/how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin' target='_blank' class='externalLink' rel='nofollow'&gt;http://updato.com/how-to/how-to-install-an-official-samsung-stock-firmware-using-odin&lt;/a&gt;

&lt;br&gt;

&lt;br&gt; I think you can press and hold the power button till the screen turns off then press and hold the power button and the volume up to get into recovery. There should be a option to turn off in the recovery menu.
I have gotten the screen to turn off using that method, but it just stays on when plugged.

Upvote 0
A Factory Reset has no effect on the operating system, it only wipes the user data partition clean. It does nothing to any of the system partitions. A rooted phone will still be rooted after a Factory Reset, a non rooted phone will be remain non rooted, a phone running Nougat will still be running Nougat, and so on. Flashing the ROM is the only way to switch versions of Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones