• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 - worth the $$?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2012
indiana
My nexus 5 has served me well but now it won't charge through the port so I had to buy a wireless charger and it takes forever to charge, not to mention how inconvenient this is when I'm on the go. Everything I'm looking at is missing a feature or gets bad reviews on a feature that I really want. I don't want to go bigger and a lot of the new well-reviewed phones are really big. One phone that has almost everything I'm looking for (expandable memory, unlocked, great camera, mid-size, wireless charging capability, more than 2 gb ram) is the S7. I would prefer a rootable phone but that's not a dealbreaker if it has the features I would use that require rooting (mainly being able to backup and restore easily) then I could live with a stock phone.

The only thing holding me back is the price. My GNex lasted about 2 yrs but was still working fine when I replaced it with the Nexus 5. That one has lasted just over 2 yrs. I'm just lucky that it has the wireless charge capability or I'd be screwed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones