• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Admire question about MetroPCS 3g

How to know what kind of network samsung admire is connected to?
My old LG Optimus M that I lost used to tell me in the status bar when I was connected to MetroPCS 1x or 3g.. but my Samsung Admire just shows the signal strength only in the status bar, no indication of what KIND of signal it is getting. Does anyone know How can I tell if/when my Admire has 3g connectivity with a tower? Does it even have this capability? IDK

How to know what kind of network samsung admire is connected to?
My old LG Optimus M that I lost used to tell me in the status bar when I was connected to MetroPCS 1x or 3g.. but my Samsung Admire just shows the signal strength only in the status bar, no indication of what KIND of signal it is getting. Does anyone know How can I tell if/when my Admire has 3g connectivity with a tower? Does it even have this capability? IDK

Moved to the Samsung Admire forum to get a better response. If you have any objections feel free to drop me a PM. :)

Upvote 0
If you aren't showing any data speeds it's because you lost data for whatever reason. It happens to me often enough that I downloaded the fresh network app. Also, where I live, signal bars mean nothing. Sometimes I can have no bars (right now I have 1) and have better speeds than when I have 4 bars. I have learned since Jan, there is no rhyme or reason to this phone. Lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones