• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung admire v2.3.4 - [SYSTEM DUMP]

I found a way to fix the black screen problem if you deleted launcher.apk and reset phone. you go to you black home screen and get some one to call u answer then hang up so u get to call log. hit the contacts bar at top. hit the settings thing and click accounts. add your account and email. go on the computer and email urself google.com. then go to ur phone and u should recieve an email click the one u sent urself and go to google and type in download launcher pro android. then download and u will get a homescreen. U will not get the stock one but you can make changes youself. Good Luck :)

Reactions: RetroDelete
Upvote 0
I found a way to fix the black screen problem if you deleted launcher.apk and reset phone. you go to you black home screen and get some one to call u answer then hang up so u get to call log. hit the contacts bar at top. hit the settings thing and click accounts. add your account and email. go on the computer and email urself google.com. then go to ur phone and u should recieve an email click the one u sent urself and go to google and type in download launcher pro android. then download and u will get a homescreen. U will not get the stock one but you can make changes youself. Good Luck :)

i ca verify this works

Reactions: RetroDelete
Upvote 0
OK, im trying to put the mms back on the phone, but I need help doing this, im really not sure how to do this, please help

youll need the mms.apk and the mms.odex.
plug your phone into your comp, via usb
put the 2 files somewhere on your sd card.copy both somewhere on your sd card where youll remember..
exit usb mode
with root explorer, and in mount r/w find the files, move them to /system/app
reboot.

Upvote 0
Sent this to one user, that had the same problem and solved it- in a private message. But going to put it here also, in fear of inactivity. We will see-

When i first rooted phone, so excited about removing bloat wear i deleted Livewallpapers. and Livewallpapers pickers, thinking it would delete crappy pictures, not the whole app. lol

I have downloaded the zip, on phone and pc both just in case, unziped on both, Wanting to copy new .APK to system/app with root explorer. when i try to change permissions on app folder (or the system folder - same message) it says "App permissions cannot be changed because the file is read only"

I understand most of this stuff, Pretty familiar. Just don't understand how to move new APK to system/app folder. and i feel like ive pressed every button possible trying, frustrating.

Thanks for any help!!!!

(((FIGURED IT OUT THANKYOU GO AHEAD AND DELETE IDK HOW.))

Had to press R/W button at top!

Upvote 0
idk but maybe the info may help

this info is To fix the -101 error message in goggle talk

1. Press the Menu key and then "Settings"
2. Go to "Applications", "Manage Applications", "All" (at the top of the page)
3. Scroll down to "Google Services Framework" and open it.
4. Press "Force Stop", OK, then "Clear Data", then OK.
5. Press the back arrow, locate "Market", select "clear data", OK
7. Press the back arrow, locate "Talk", select "clear data", OK
8. Reboot your device reassociate account on gmail (log in)
9. Press the Apps icon and then open "Talk". The first time you press it, it might take you back to the homescreen. Just press it again. You should see it sign you in automatically.
If it does, then you are good to go.

the under lined apk's should be restored from your sys dump,

try goggle and you tube for that error numer 101 before you do anything for more info

hope this helps

viperdink out!

Reactions: flakito97
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones