• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung color choices... their Lavender is PINK, not purple!

Samsung color choices is rather bland and biggest negative.
samsung-galaxy-s23-ultra-5g-3.jpg

AND... their Lavender is PINK, not purple!!!
Whoever does their colors is color blind!!!
This is what Lavender is suppose to look like.
Lavender.jpg

Other than that, this phone is Awesome. The positive about the color is now I keep a case on it at all times whereas before with the S21+ was so pretty I had the case off half the time and was at risk of dropping the phone.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
I was looking at a virtually new lavender Galaxy S21fe 5g in a nearby exchange store chain. I requested to see it (mint, unmarked but minus the box) and asked the guy jokingly if he thought it was more of a ladiy's color. We both paused and I said I would put a case on it anyway. He just said "Ah.. well. Then! .."
I think that Lavender was a little darker than those photos of the S23 series.

It's not pink, but you may attract suggestive male glances :rolleyes:

Honestly, no it's fine.

Ducky.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
Samsung color choices is rather bland and biggest negative.
View attachment 166210
AND... their Lavender is PINK, not purple!!!
Whoever does their colors is color blind!!!
This is what Lavender is suppose to look like.
View attachment 166209
Other than that, this phone is Awesome. The positive about the color is now I keep a case on it at all times whereas before with the S21+ was so pretty I had the case off half the time and was at risk of dropping the phone.

I suspect the peeps at Samsung were looking at a Pantone colour chart, rather than the actual flower...

lavender copy.jpg

PANTONE: "How many different shades of lavender do you want?"
SAMSUNG: "We will go with a pink lavender for our new smart-phone."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones