• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Default keyboard

BetaMan

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
U.S.A.
Does anybody know if it's possible to add words to the default Samsung keyboard dictionary? I'm using Beans rooted ROM and it doesn't include Swype anymore. Is it possible? Or is there an apk for the Swype that came with the phone originally?

Was thinking about flashing the new ClearROM 4.2.5 ACE. I'm on Verizon's network.

Does anybody know if it's possible to add words to the default Samsung keyboard dictionary? I'm using Beans rooted ROM and it doesn't include Swype anymore. Is it possible? Or is there an apk for the Swype that came with the phone originally?

Was thinking about flashing the new ClearROM 4.2.5 ACE. I'm on Verizon's network.

Type out the word and then click it when it appears just above the keyboard. That saves it to your personalised dictionary.

I "think" if you carry on typing it won't remember it.

Similarly to delete a word long press on the word when it appears above the keyboard and select "will be removed from learned words".

At least that how it works on my non rooted International SIM free version!

Reactions: BetaMan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones