• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Exhibit 2 4G - VOIP - echo free - minimal delay

deschmit

Lurker
Aug 30, 2012
I have Samsung Exhibit 2 4G with the t-mobile $30 with 100 minute plan. I'm wondering if anyone has had luck with VOIP that doesn't use cell minutes.

I've tried Groove IP, Talkatone, Sipdroid. I have not yet tried Csipsimple, but will do so soon. So far, I'm always running in to the same problems.

The person I call hears an echo of their voice. This the echo can be remedied in some VOIP applications by turning on echo cancellation options, however the echo cancellation adds a noticeable voice delay between the two phones.

If I have echo or delay the call is not bearable for the other party. At least, that is what they tell me :)

I have found one option that is echo free with minimal delay. I turn off echo cancellation and use headphones to prevent audio feedback into the mic. But, this isn't a good solution for me. I don't want to carry around ear buds. Also, I would like to use the speakerphone. I suppose I could keep the left ear bud and share right ear bud with someone else, but what do I do if there are 3 people? (Don't answer that question. It is a joke :)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has a decently working setup. If so, could you please share?

BTW, I'm running peach sunrise. I kind of wonder if things work better in CM9. I haven't tried.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones