• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate Lounge

This lounge has as well.

On a side note to all the peeps in here. After almost exclusively using LP+ since I got the SF I have finally found a launcher to get me off LP+ SPB Shell 3D. Its just flat out cool and fits my usage. Ultra customizable.

No kidding, the lounge is dead.

SPB Shell 3D is pretty nifty and a nice departure from all the regular home launchers out there, but the asking price is quite steep and the performance of it left me wondering why it is so expensive. I'll have to retest it (performance-wise) as I haven't tried it on the ComRom/OTB kernel yet, but it is expensive as far as home launchers go.

Upvote 0
No kidding, the lounge is dead.

SPB Shell 3D is pretty nifty and a nice departure from all the regular home launchers out there, but the asking price is quite steep and the performance of it left me wondering why it is so expensive. I'll have to retest it (performance-wise) as I haven't tried it on the ComRom/OTB kernel yet, but it is expensive as far as home launchers go.
Yeah I've been on it maybe a week now and I like it a lot. Seems to play very nice with the ComRom and OTB. Mind you I still continue to use OTB1.2 since thats most stable for me and my 1.3Ghz OC. As far as the launcher's price I can see how thats a big deterrent. Hopefully it comes down so others can try this.

Upvote 0
Hmmm so apprently (According to a post in the Fascinate forums) as of June 1st, Verizon will be replacing people's Fascinate with either a Droid X, Dinc 2 or Droid Charge if it is having problems. Does anyone have any concrete information on this or what is considered "problems". Its been no secret that the Fascinate for me has been a less than stellar device, and although 2.2 helped a LOT, Im still not happy with it. My texts occasionally dont send, and I get more dropped calls than I would like. Nothing SUPER serious but enough to be an annoyance.

I am also having problems with the stock keyboard(s). Nearly every time I bring up the keyboard, there is always a few "dead" keys. It gets fixed after I back out, but it does happen and OFTEN. I also find myself having to pull the battery about once a day because the phone just likes to act up.

This is my second fascinate and im still not happy with it. Its livable, I just dont care for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones