• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate - USB issue

stokerz

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
NY
I have been experiencing some USB connection issues with my rooted Samsung Fascinate and wanted to reach out on the forums for advice. So, here's my issue - When I try to connect my phone in mass storage mode to my PC, the phone mounts the SD card and says it's connected however the PC does not recognize the connection. I have tried re-seating the SD card and also connecting with USB debugging enabled/disabled but nothing seems to be working. Another curious thing is that the phone used to connect with no issues at all. I have not changed any major system settings on my phone (definitely installed and uninstalled a few apps here and there) and am using the same PC, also with no major updates.

Does anyone have any advice about potential next steps for troubleshooting this problem?

Alternatively, does anyone have an easy workaround? At this point, I'm almost thinking about just saying f-it and buying one of those micro SD adapters and plugging the card straight into the computer :D

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones