• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxay Hdmi out to Sony Tv

fugi1967

May 7, 2012
Hi

I have just purchased a 10.1 tab and am trying to connect it to my Sony TV, using the hdmi adaptor connected to the charger, there is no signal to the TV.

I then tried rebooting the tablet whilst connected to the TV which was on, again to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Fugi

Thanks for that, I just want to play my tablet content with a HDMI cable. I don't think my Sony TV will work with allshare.

Since my original post I rang Samsung and unfortunately HDMI out has been removed from the 10.1 2 tablet!! Beware.

It is madness to think that everywhere you wish to use a portable device like a tablet will have allshare capabilities.

V Annoyed.

Upvote 0
Hi

I phoned Samsung again and they confirmed that the HDMI feature had been removed and you cannot connect the tab to anything via a cable!! I also read reviews on Amazon saying the adaptor does not work on the tab2 so unfortunatley I think it must be true.

This feature has been removed as it is a budget tab he said, suggesting taking it back and paying the extra for a tab1 instead. I had thought of that but didn't want a tab without integral sd slot which the tab 1 does not have.

The Samsung man said my tv would not be compatible but I will look into it further. I suspect it won't as it runs its own applicast software. TBH I did not want the feature to use at home but so I could use the tablet elsewhere, to show pictures at relatives, use in hotel rooms to play videos, present at meetings etc.

Very disapointed

Fugi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones