• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy 2 and User Dictionary

ygni

Lurker
Oct 3, 2012
Hello All,

I have created a small app where I am adding custom words in User dictionary. As a result autosuggest feature is working on android emulator. But when I deploy the same app on Samsung Galaxy II I dont see autosuggest anymore. I have checked all the permissions. To be double sure, I downloaded UDM (User dictionary manager) and I can see words present on mobile but somehow Swype and T9 dictionaries are not accepting new words written in User dictionary. I have tried everything, like, disabling T9, Swype, etc.. but no success.

Has someone faced this issue! I would highly appreciate if I can get some Insight on this issue.

Welcome ygni, glad to have you here!

Unfortunately, i have had no experience with the problem you are having, fortunately enough though we have subforums to direct to problem somewhere else.

I would suggest either posting it here in the Android Lounge which takes general questions regarding Android or find your phone in this list here and post it under your specific phone in a thread.

Sorry i couldnt be of more help, enjoy your time here at AF :D:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones