• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s dropped in water! HELP!

cjbj2807

Lurker
Oct 25, 2010
dropped my samsung galaxy s in the water tonight it was completely submerged for five mins. i ran inside during a nasty rainstorm dropped it on the way in didnt even realize that it was on the ground til i went inside and was taking off my wet clothes. rushed outside and picked it up out of the water as it was still ringing when i was calling it from my other phone. it still seems to work i put it in a bag of rice im not sure if there is anything else i can do. anybody have any ideas for me that would be great!

ps. the phone works perfect with the exception of my speaker. the sound is muffled and it is routing all my phone calls to the speakerphone..

Sorry to see what happened to your phone, cjbj. That's messed up.

It's likely too late now, but the very first thing to do with a wet device is to put it into a container of dry, uncooked rice, which will gradually draw the moisture out over the course of several hours. Reports of "like new" have been posted after having done that.

Following that, I'd also take an alcohol wipe or some rubbing alcohol on cotton swabs and go over every area I could reach with it.. alcohol displaces moisture.

Having said that, it would be a very good idea to take the device to a tech to have it looked over and tested.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones