• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S keeps dialing while I am on a call

ctatum500

Lurker
Dec 27, 2010
My Samsung Galaxy S dials random numbers the whole time I am talking on the phone. My sister has same phone and her screen turns black while she is on a call and then when she takes it down from her ear it gives her the screen again to end call etc. Mine constantley lights up and changes screens and dials in my callees ears. Very annoying. I am ready to smash this phone. Does anyone know why it would do this? Cellular South says the screen should go black during a call. This is my second phone in 5 weeks and both did this. The cell phone rep tried m y phone and it happened with her also but she had no clue why. Help if you can. Thanks:(:thinking:

My Samsung Galaxy S dials random numbers the whole time I am talking on the phone. My sister has same phone and her screen turns black while she is on a call and then when she takes it down from her ear it gives her the screen again to end call etc. Mine constantley lights up and changes screens and dials in my callees ears. Very annoying. I am ready to smash this phone. Does anyone know why it would do this? Cellular South says the screen should go black during a call. This is my second phone in 5 weeks and both did this. The cell phone rep tried m y phone and it happened with her also but she had no clue why. Help if you can. Thanks:(:thinking:

Bad proximity sensor? Maybe

Upvote 0
I do have just a pink silicone cover on the phone. The same one my sister has on hers. You can see the sensor fine. I got a phone the day they were offered at my carrier and within a week took it back for this problem and also severe dropped calls. This 2nd new phone does the same thing and when i went back again... they were trying to figure out if this phone had a setting for sensitivity or something.. I REALLY want to love this phone but so far I absolutely hate it. Have not had a good conversation yet without someone saying what is all that dialing in my ear? UGH How do I tell if that sensor is bad? Thanks for replying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones