• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S VIBER Issues

I used to have viber on my Samsung galaxy s and it was working fine. I recently uninstalled it after resetting the phone and when I tried to install it back again its not letting me install it. Its probably the current version of viber is not supported by the phone's OS. I think. Help me please.

that is Precisely why I NEVER UPDATE ANY APP ON MY PHONE.

Unless, that app starts to misbehave, and then I will think about it.
Look at it this way. The original app worked just fine with the software on your phone... deleting the app and then trying to download it again gives you a "new app" that is now compatible with 5.0 and it is bigger than what your/my Galaxy S can accommodate.... I still have a Galaxy S and it works just fine, thank you, for SMS and calling people.... great phone to have for a backup in case I need it.

but, I keep the apps for it backed up to Kies and if I need them, I reload them from my PC, not the Play Store.

To further amplify on this, a friend of mine has a very good desktop PC that is 5 years old or more. He decided it needed a new video card and bought a Super Gee Whiz model and plugged it in. Now, he is having problems with not being able to view some types of video content, getting errors, etc..... I will be helping him fix that with TeamViewer next weekend when he gets home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones