• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 Calendar App Does Not Detect Google Calendar Account

Hello all,

The Google account on this phone syncs fine as far as Accounts and Sync is concerned. However, in the Calendar app, it does not even detect or implement the Google Calendar account (let alone any other potential calendar account from anywhere else). The only calendar that events can be saved to is 'My Calendar', which appears to be a local calendar only. When I go into the Calendars option at the bottom of the settings menu, it takes me to the Accounts and Sync page with only those accounts that are compatible with the Calendar app showing. The Google account I want to set up is there and fully green (meaning everything has synced fine), however there is no possible way to "add" it to the calendar. I have looked everywhere in the Calendar app settings and found nothing that can "add" the Google Account calendar to the app.

Since I have recently bought a Galaxy Tab 10.1, I would like to use my Google Calendar account to save events, so they sync across both phone and tablet. The funny thing is, on the G Tab 10.1, my Google Calendar account has been added perfectly fine!

Are there any suggestions for this? Please don't suggest to buy another app from the Market unless that is the ONLY solution available to this problem.

Thank you.

Skimminstones, that is correct. Only a local calendar called "My Calendar" is available to check or uncheck.

In "Accounts and Sync" the Google Account I wish to use is perfectly set up and all 4 things (including Calendar data) is synced perfectly, the Calendar app just does not have that calendar as part of it! Am I missing something blatantly obvious here?

Upvote 0
Hi Griffolion,

I very recently went through a similar problem. See the link below for a suggestion that worked very well for me. It does involve downloading Business Calendar, a (free) app from the market place, but once it is installed your calendars will magically appear in your stock calendar app (and then you can delete the Business Calendar app).

This solution has managed to make all of my google calendars appear on my phone calendar, EXCEPT for the birthdays associated with my google contacts. I am still looking for something that will help me get this working, but have yet to find a solution. If anybody has an idea for this it would be much appreciated.

Hope that helps!
Mike

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/429638-galaxy-s2-google-calendar-sync-problem.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones