• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy s3 can't connect to mobile network

idorkxpd

Lurker
Jul 22, 2011
Hi everyone, I am in need of emergency help here. I've been trying to solve this for about 6 hours now, I've spoken to tmobile, AND samsung and they couldn't give me a solution and I have searched probably the whole Internet.:mad:

Okay so I had just gotten my s3 about two to three weeks ago, everything worked fine until about few hours ago I went to a classroom that has no service I tried using my phone unaware hat there was no service and it failed, so I put it away until class was over, afterwards I tried calling texting and using my data and none works I get the error no network connection. I tried restarting phone, factory hard reset, setting the mobile network manually, changing battery, taking SIM card out and none of it has worked, does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I know my SIM card is fine because I used it on my friends phone and I had service fine. Ay help is much appreciated thanks..

i was afraid you guys would say that :( i bought the phone from ebay so i contacted samsung directly they said i'd have to send the phone to them first, which means i will be phoneless for couple weeks. FML.

Sorry about your luck man :(

I am always afraid of something like this happening to me as well as I do not have a backup device.

Might want to try buying an old used phone from your carrier or work something out with Samsung.

Upvote 0
Sorry about your luck man :(

I am always afraid of something like this happening to me as well as I do not have a backup device.

Might want to try buying an old used phone from your carrier or work something out with Samsung.

I went to t mobile store today apparently they blocked my IMEI number.
I had no idea this was even possible, i got the phone from ebay, so i'm guessing i got scammed. it stopped working exactly 1 month i received it, the only way to unblock the IMEI is to have the original owner who sold it to call and i doubt they are willing to do that. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on what i can do with the phone so i can use it? flashing another rom or anything? :mad:

Upvote 0
I went to t mobile store today apparently they blocked my IMEI number.
I had no idea this was even possible, i got the phone from ebay, so i'm guessing i got scammed. it stopped working exactly 1 month i received it, the only way to unblock the IMEI is to have the original owner who sold it to call and i doubt they are willing to do that.

I think you got scammed. Unfortunately it's an all to common occurrence with buying used cell-phones from Ebay. An IMEI number can be carrier blacklisted for a few reasons. Often because a phone is reported stolen or missing, or it could be because the original owner defaulted on their two year contract, and may have monies owing to the carrier.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on what i can do with the phone so i can use it? flashing another rom or anything? :mad:

I don't think you'll be able to use it as a phone any more. Changing the ROM won't help. And attempting to change the IMEI is unlawful. Probably best best thing you can do is to take it up with Ebay, a fraudulent sale. Ebay tends to favour the buyer in the event of problems like this. Did you pay for it by credit card, you might be able to get a charge back?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones