• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3 problems galore :(

cushphil

Feb 3, 2012
Hi guys. So heres my problems. I have a Galaxy S3 which I imported from China. Its been awesome so far but 2 weeks ago I tried to change a font and the phone got stuck on a boot logo cycle thing so I used Odin to flash it back to factory but I think maybe I flashed the wrong file as now it has the following issues. I can send out text messages about once a day and have to remove the battery and sim then restart b4 I can send more. I have issues with receiving voice mail. I cannot log in to hotmail "authentication Failed" and I am sure other issues that I haven't yet discovered. The phone also has differences in appearance on screen and a few small other changes pre installed programmes etc. It says on the back it was an at&t phone. Do i need to install a different factory rom to make it work here in New Zealand. I am unsure what rom it originally had but the file I flashed it with was I747MVLUFNH2_I747MOYBFNH2_SPC.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 1,499,092,050 bytes off the sammobile site. it has 4.4.2 on it now. Anybody got any ideas as I really want to sort it out. Cheers and sorry if I missed any info you need.

An S3 that was imported from China and it states AT&T on it? That's rather unusual to say the least. What exactly have you got there. Maybe it was imported into China from the US before you bought it. Do you know what the precise model number is? If you can go into about phone from settings and post the model number, baseband and kernel version.

I know with some Samsungs there can be definite hardware deference between the PRC and the international versions, e.g. China Mobile TD-SCDMA versions.

Upvote 0
Cheers. So here is a screenshot of the phones details. Could some kind smart person please direct me to the correct firmware i need to rectify my phones issues?

Attachments

• 2014-11-21 03.36.46.png
    2014-11-21 03.36.46.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
Cheers. So here is a screenshot of the phones details. Could some kind smart person please direct me to the correct firmware i need to rectify my phones issues?

That's definitely a North American version, which is a rather unusual thing to find in China. As for the actual correct Samsung firmware I'm not quite sure. Could try loading CyanogenMod on it instead, CM is good and stable for the S3. http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones