• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3...

I'm confused. I thought most of the blogs had already determined that the 9300 was the Galaxy M and not the GSIII??
Everything here is confusing. Personally, I think its the Galaxy M and the GS3 hasnt even been pictured to this point. It looks like the same phone that was pictured weeks back and thought as a mid level phone. All are test units that are pictured. I keep hearing that there will be multiple devices announced on the 3rd including of course the GS3. All these blogs claim they have the inside info with this....with that. I just laugh at all these reports. Just wait for Samsung to make the announcement. May 3rd can't come soon enough.

Upvote 0
So it was reported back in March, with a photo that matched the phone in video that leaked today, that that device is the Samsung M. Why have no blogs realized this? I think the quad core processor is throwing everyone off.

Leaked Samsung 'Galaxy M' (I9300) Could Launch in Mid-May | TechnoBuffalo

I'm confused about the battery and cpu. I think a 2050 mAh is small by current standards. Also from the video, I'm not sure what is a Arm v7 processor. Galaxy M was considered a mid-range device. The screen size/resolution of this device is fairly high-end.

Upvote 0
I'm confused about the battery and cpu. I think a 2050 mAh is small by current standards. Also from the video, I'm not sure what is a Arm v7 processor. Galaxy M was considered a mid-range device. The screen size/resolution of this device is fairly high-end.

The only batteries that are larger than that is the Note and Razr Maxx. It's a decent size.

Upvote 0
The Galaxy Note is part of the GSII Universe though not "A Whole New Universe" like the site says. Also the tweet was tweeted by the global Samsung Twitter, not the US Samsung Mobile Twitter account.

Good points. Not expecting any official info about GS3 until May 3 event, except leaks and rumors. For GS2 there was a long raffle giveaway (every hour for 10 days, if memory is right). And, the countdown was similar to this one.

Upvote 0
Good points. Not expecting any official info about GS3 until May 3 event, except leaks and rumors. For GS2 there was a long raffle giveaway (every hour for 10 days, if memory is right). And, the countdown was similar to this one.

The MOST I am expecting tomorrow is the Galaxy M. The least would be an actual teaser for the GSIII.

Upvote 0
has sammy run out of real wow.. and now are using smoke and mirrors to create hype?

all this secret on the SG3 and this...
i have even read that the SG3 will be the same type of jump that the iphone 4 to 4S.
same chasse..same look...

They released a teaser similar to that with the Galaxy S II. It's not anything new. And everything you heard has been a rumor and for the most part has been shot down.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What disappointment? If the GS3 doesnt live up to the hype, we have the EVO LTE. One of these two phones will be my next.

The disappointment of the SGS3 not being the phone that it is being hyped up to be (granted, all the hype has been fan created).

All I was really expecting was a teaser. The Galaxy M was the most I could see, but wasn't really expecting anything more than a teaser.

Well, go take a peek at Phandroid and see all those Samsung sheeple flocking to flame anyone stating otherwise lol. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Upvote 0

Too bad its based on the old a-9 architecture (vs the next generation a-15 architecture found in Qualcomms s4 chip... found in the upcoming EVO LTE). Probably not an issue though, considering how fast Sammys chips seem to run. Important question though, does it support LTE? The quad core chips thus far do not. If it does not support LTE, we will not see this chip at all. Sure hope it does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones