• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy W message failed.

Bubuka

Lurker
Dec 2, 2011
Hello everyone!!!

I am new on this forum but I need a big help. I bought my Samsung Galaxy W i 8150 2 weeks ago. I was very happy with the purchase until I started to have problems with sending messages. I try to send messages and they keep failing. I always have to resend them. It happens randomly,10 messages go through and another 5 fail. It is very annoying. It is not acceptable for me from the brand new phone. I tried everything to fix it. I tried to change the contact numbers, change the setting, uninstall applications but it keeps coming back. I am really desperate now. I had read some forums on internet and it looks that there is a software problem. Can anybody help me please? Does it happen to anyone else too?

I would really appreciate your help.

Reactions: Newpompom
I have also been having this problem, along with some issues with calls and signal in general - Three UK have already issued me with a replacement handset and sim. Every time you connect/reconnect to a cell tower the first text message fails.
Turning off packet data can help with signal sometimes, but this is really unacceptable for a new handset.

I'm on android 2.3.5 atm, will try an update now.

What network are you guys on?

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem (having to resend text messages most of the time).
I loaded Kies which says there is a firmware upgrade but after about 10 mins of upgrading, the upgrade fails and the phone screen is stuck on a "downloading" screen.
Fortunately, removing the battery and re-inserting lets me get back to normal. I have tried the "emergency recovery" but that failed too.
Really pleased with the phone apart from this annoying problem.

Upvote 0
i just updated may galaxy wonder yesterday, because it also hangs up more often... when i saw the update it automatically download and update my 2.3.5 to 2.3.6.. and it fix everything... no more hang... i can now enjoy the 1.4hgz of the processor... :))) hope that your device will be fixed soon.... and i hope there will be ICS update for our phones.... good day everyone...

Upvote 0
My wife has bought Samsung Galaxy W two months ago. It has Andriod 2.3.5 revision installed currently. It is with three network. She is having the same problem. When you send a text it says failed. And when you try and make a call it says dialing but no ring tone. So you have to hang up and dial again and it connects straight away. Three staff suggested changing the sim card which we have done and still the same problem.

I have read some of the comments above but not really sure where to download the Android 2.3.6 revision. I have installed samsung Kies and that is saying 2.3.5 is the latest.

Does any one else have this problem ? Please raise this issue so Android developers try and fix it quickly.

Upvote 0
Did you try to use your phone (FOTA)
Applications> Settings> About phone> Software Update > updates

when you have the update, it can take some time before before the phone are ready please wait some times.

When I vent to - about the phone - for writing this to your - there was a new update :) :) but the version still is 2.3.6

Hope this can help you, but sorry my bad english :) ore come back and I will try again.

Upvote 0
Did you try to use your phone (FOTA)
Applications> Settings> About phone> Software Update > updates

when you have the update, it can take some time before before the phone are ready please wait some times.

When I vent to - about the phone - for writing this to your - there was a new update :) :) but the version still is 2.3.6

Hope this can help you, but sorry my bad english :) ore come back and I will try again.

Hello Queeni, Yes I have tried (FOTA) it says no updates available. So the version on the phone is still 2.3.5.

Upvote 0
strangely enough when i connected my gfs w to kies it was requesting to update... however hers is at 2.3.6.... so im kinda scared to allow it to upgrade incase it downgrades!? it does have a problem where if left un touched for a couple of hours it comes up with a force close error... this can cause things like the alarm to not work!

what do ya think we should do? risk upgrading or just leave it as is?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hello Dannymur, The link you have given does not work ? Please could you check and resend. Thanks.

Sorry hathiams...

left some characters at the end of URL....

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.johnan.checkfus

if just seems odd that 2.3.6 is not available in UK!!!!

Of course, you could flash almost any Euro 2.3.6 ROM, via ODIN, which would not have your Service Provider Branding!!!!!

Check FUS [Firmware Update Status] simply checks Kies Database for ROM which suits your Product Code and CSC.....

Upvote 0
We have 2 of these phones in the house, both bought at the same time. Both suffered with the text problem but one much more than the other, even when at home!

I tried to update both via the phone and wifi but both said there was no update available. Tried Kies and both updated to 2.3.6 and the problem is solved!! Neither have had any errors for 3 days now :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones