• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Y Problem

kvdwath

Lurker
Aug 7, 2013
Hi I live in Ireland and am new to Android phones. My daughter recently bought a Galaxy Y for me which is great but I have done something to it and now I cannot make or receive phone calls. Is there anyone who could tell me how to restore it without having to do the restore to factory settings. I am not technical so would need instructions as you would give to a child. I have the read the full manual but could not find anything about setting it up Many thanks

Hi I live in Ireland and am new to Android phones. My daughter recently bought a Galaxy Y for me which is great but I have done something to it and now I cannot make or receive phone calls. Is there anyone who could tell me how to restore it without having to do the restore to factory settings. I am not technical so would need instructions as you would give to a child. I have the read the full manual but could not find anything about setting it up Many thanks

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, kvdwath.

First I've moved your question to the Samsung Galaxy Y community here at Android Forums, where more expert help is available for that particular device. :)

I'm wondering if the SIM card has been removed or partially un-inserted from its slot in the battery compartment. Carefully remove the battery cover and have a look to be sure it's firmly placed all the way in the small gate that holds it in.

I should add that sometimes a device will lose its phone functionality due to the SIM card merely needing to be temporarily removed then put right back in (after powering down the device, of course).

That being said, I'd also consider the factory data reset, after a backup of what important files you may have. As far as 3rd party apps from play store, they'll be listed under "my apps" after the reset and can be re-downloaded and installed with a bit of time. ;)

Hard reset: Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset (or some such wording.. just go to the "privacy" section in the main settings menu ;)).

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones