1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy Y Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kvdwath, Aug 7, 2013.

1. kvdwath

kvdwath Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    Hi I live in Ireland and am new to Android phones. My daughter recently bought a Galaxy Y for me which is great but I have done something to it and now I cannot make or receive phone calls. Is there anyone who could tell me how to restore it without having to do the restore to factory settings. I am not technical so would need instructions as you would give to a child. I have the read the full manual but could not find anything about setting it up Many thanks

Advertisement

2. Kaat72

Kaat72 Guest
    None
    Hi here! welcome to AF! :wavey:

It might be best to go to the forum dedicated to your device: Android Phones - Android Forums
    We're all friends here, willing to help out zso if you have any question just ask any member or staff.
    Enjoy your stay :)

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, kvdwath.

First I've moved your question to the Samsung Galaxy Y community here at Android Forums, where more expert help is available for that particular device. :)

I'm wondering if the SIM card has been removed or partially un-inserted from its slot in the battery compartment. Carefully remove the battery cover and have a look to be sure it's firmly placed all the way in the small gate that holds it in.

I should add that sometimes a device will lose its phone functionality due to the SIM card merely needing to be temporarily removed then put right back in (after powering down the device, of course).

That being said, I'd also consider the factory data reset, after a backup of what important files you may have. As far as 3rd party apps from play store, they'll be listed under "my apps" after the reset and can be re-downloaded and installed with a bit of time. ;)

Hard reset: Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset (or some such wording.. just go to the "privacy" section in the main settings menu ;)).

Kaat72 likes this.
  4. Kaat72

Kaat72 Guest
    None
    Ninja'd by mister Frisco himself ;)