• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung gio bluetooth not connecting to car

teddybear1

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
Hi,

I have a samsung galaxy gio s5660 and i've tried bluetooth handsfree connection to my new car toyota corolla ascent manual 2011. ive managed to connect and pair the phone to the car. i can hear the phone ringing and msg tones through the car speakers but i can't hear the person talking through the car speakers. i have gone into connection options and checked media connection but it's still not working. help?

Hi

I had the same problem, and did quite a bit of searching on the web. Even got Samsung to contact me. All they said was theat they use a new implementation of bluetooth. After further searching I found additional information:

--

The problem is, that newer Samsung devices (and HTC sense devices) don't have the full Bluetooth stack.

That is why for example apps like this one don't work on these devices either. The only solution would be to flash a full Bluetooth stack, eg by flashing a Cyanogenmod Rom.

--
They were talking about a WII app on Samsung that uses the Samsung as a remote device. So that explains why the Samsung does not want to let me talk over the bluetooth in my MB.

Hope this helps someone!

Regards.

Reactions: giogiogiogio
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones