• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung GT-i9000 black screen question

jimmy6122

Lurker
Jul 22, 2016
Hi folks I've got a question about a Samsung GT-i9000 phone that starts up, the samsung logo, and the colourful logo with audio and then goes into black screen and the 2 front buttons lit up. I would like to know if there is a way of recovering the photos on the phone? They are of huge personal importance.

I read about and tried the 3 button startup but I don't want to wipe the memory. Is there any way to download the photos from the phone to the PC?

thanks
J.

if I wipe the cache will I loose all the data? I've tried using the firmware restore with Odin and downloaded a few different firmware options but none of them seem to work, that is they install and the Odin program says PASS, the phone resets and goes into application installation but can't wipe the cache and therefore the phone restarts and depending on the firmware just keeps on restarting or goes into blackscreen. I've tried 2 different Gingerbread firmwares and 2 different Froyo firmwares....can anyone help please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones