• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung internet in google history

The app is probably using Chrome in the background, and/or is tied to another app that you do use and then it uses Chrome and or Google to do whatever.

Things like this are a perfect example as to why I do not use Google, Chrome, or any of the like.

I also don't like browsers or other apps that do stuff behind my back, ie. 'background', unless I put the apps there for a purpose- other than what makes the phone and internet work.

Anyway, on some devices, Chrome is actually what serves as Android System Webview- the Android app that lets other apps show web content.

This could be how Samsung Internet (even if you never use it, it is probably doing something in the background) is getting online.

Try going into developers options and changing the webview from Chrome to Android System Webview if it isn't already.

If that is not it, and you do not use it, then disable Samsung Internet if you are able to do so.

A great browser to get off of the Google spyware train is Lightning.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones