• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Moment--Rooting question...

Hello everbody,i am new to this forum and also new to rooting.
bear with me on this question.

I have a samsung moment with stock 2.1,i wanted to root the device.
Is there a way i can root it without flashing a custom rom on it,and just keep all the apps,i want to root the device so i can get root apps.
i dont want to install the custom rom.

Please help me with this

Thank in Advance
John

yes you can root without a custom rom.

You'll need to go over to the SDX website, navigate your way to the rooting section and look for the thread having to do with rooting a moment with Dj07.

You'll have to "translate" their walk through because when they typed it up, they assumed that every one already knew what they were doing. It is complete, but it doesn't break down each and every step. But I assure you, once you start doing it, it will make much more sense. Just make sure you have everything down loaded and installed and ready to go before you get started. Took me an hour start to finish, including download time. The hardest part for me was trying to figure out "what they meant"
If you follow that process, you'll end up with a rooted phone that works and acts just like stock.
You can then either use the "recovery mode" to go in and delete the actual files you don't want/need.
Or you can download a "uninstaller for root" It isn't the best uninstaller ever, but it is able to pull up the root programs so that you can get rid of them that way.

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones