• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Moment with no problems?

I just posted a small rant about verizon, but have removed it to stay on topic. I'll suffice it to say I have a 23% corporate discount with sprint so... not going anywhere soon. So far i like the moment. The scenes were moving on their own for a second when I just whipped it out of my pocket, but it has righted itself. Charging on the usb right now.

Upvote 0
I'm happy with it, but not blind to it's issues. The battery meter thing is documented but usable once you get used to it. What I find is the biggest issue is the inability to really delete anything from 'Trash' in your gmail account. You can go through the motions and seemingly deleted a message.. however, it just reappears when you go back to your list in the 'Trash'. Seems like a major flaw to me. What happens when the trash folder has 100's of items?

Upvote 0
I'm happy with it, but not blind to it's issues. The battery meter thing is documented but usable once you get used to it. What I find is the biggest issue is the inability to really delete anything from 'Trash' in your gmail account. You can go through the motions and seemingly deleted a message.. however, it just reappears when you go back to your list in the 'Trash'. Seems like a major flaw to me. What happens when the trash folder has 100's of items?
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Each message that gets placed in the trash gets deleted 30 days later so its only a major issue if you want the message gone right away.

Upvote 0
What's the harm in having it in the trash folder? Why so picky about something so inconsequential?

Really? Picky? Not to stray off the OP topic, but can't you see the importance or use of actually deleteing a message that can not be retrieved?

I don't work for a Government Agency or keep top secrets in my email but it seems a basic function. And if Google didn't auto dump old messages..?

Anyway, I believe it should be fixed.

Upvote 0
Really? Picky? Not to stray off the OP topic, but can't you see the importance or use of actually deleteing a message that can not be retrieved?

I don't work for a Government Agency or keep top secrets in my email but it seems a basic function. And if Google didn't auto dump old messages..?

Anyway, I believe it should be fixed.
Nope, sorry, don't see that scenario.

Does someone else have access to your email? If not, why worry about it?

If you're worried about committing a crime, and wanting to hide the evidence, then I suggest you don't use gmail. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones