• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung player doesnt recognize my music tags?

omgitsoop

Aug 2, 2010
ive searched around and havent seen an answer for this one yet. all my music is tagged correctly and it plays fine with every other music player, but the samsung music player will recognize some tags and the rest it just files under "unknown" but then it lists all the info under the song title, so i have a ton of songs with long titles by artist "unknown." is there a specific type of tag that the samsung player wants? other than that i actually like the stock music player, especially the drop down on the lock screen. is there another player with a neat drop down like that on the lock screen maybe?

i have it, but i seem confused as to how to use it to tag flac, could you possibly give me a run through? ive attempted to use it a few times but in the samsung player all my tags still show up under the song title, and the artist stays listed as <unknown>, why does it play a format that it cant read the tags of? should i consider switching to a different format?

Upvote 0
Hi All,

New to this forum and also the Galaxy S. Came up against the same not reading tags in FLAC issue.

Good news - there is a workaround.

Download Extended Media Scanner from Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai. This will scan the FLAC files and import the tags into the standard andriod media database. Then you can use Music Player to listen.

It works, but not completely. On mine it wouldn't read in the genres, but no biggie. Also, last.fm doesn't seem to scrobble tracks imported in this way.

I'll keep digging.

Cheers,

NZ.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones