• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S7 screen keeps turning on randomly

I did the disabling of the message+, and that worked initially, but it's been doing it again in the last couple of days, and it is also a Snapchat issue for me. I've turned off notifications everywhere I could, but it continues to turn on when I receive a snap.

Update message+. Open snapchat, go to settings, uncheck wake screen.

Reactions: thespliffpotcast
Upvote 0
My screen has been waking randomly, but also annoying it has been waking up on most of my notifications. Facebook, Instagram, Gmail. I use CHOMP SMS and that doesn't wake it, I also disabled all notifications on Snapchat so far so good with that. I don't use Messenger+, it's disabled with the factory version 6.1.3 as the version disabled. I did just uninstall a LED light manager app so let's see if that does anything.

Upvote 0
For me I actually like the Messenger+ app. Another option is there is an app maybe a system app called screen notifications I found. I found by searching for it under settings. If you go to it's advanced settings you can either turn it off or control the apps that it lights up the screen for. When I turned off for Messenger here the screen doesn't light up and the LED notification blinks for new text messages. This is exactly what I was looking for. Only bad thing is facebook doesn't seem to care about this setting. If I can just get facebook to stop lighting up my phone when people decide to get active at 3 in the morning that would be wonderful.

Upvote 0
My phone will be sitting on the table and the screen will just turn on by itself sometimes, no notifications, nothing! i have the wave to view screen function turned off and nothing is even waving in front of it.

help please!
Figured out this problem on my wife's phone. S7 active. Case is tight. Buttons are just pushed in enough by the case to intermittently push power on. Try removing from case and see if problem goes away. May need to take Dremel and shave inside case slightly at buttons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones