• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S7 screen keeps turning on randomly

Try removing the phone case and watch to see if the problem goes away. My wife's case pushed on the power button just enough to turn the screen on occasionally and it would light up ever 10 seconds all night long.
My phone will be sitting on the table and the screen will just turn on by itself sometimes, no notifications, nothing! i have the wave to view screen function turned off and nothing is even waving in front of it.

help please!
My phone will be sitting on the table and the screen will just turn on by itself sometimes, no notifications, nothing! i have the wave to view screen function turned off and nothing is even waving in front of it.

help please!

Upvote 0

help please!
I have a Galaxy S7 with AT&T. I had the same problem with the phone waking up randomly. I used a very small piece of electrical tape and covered the two dots near the ear speaker and solved the problem.

Upvote 0

help please!
phone was previously USB linked screensaver sleep mode self enabled state, installed filesynch for windows and phone screen lit up. Tells me that accessing the filesystem via that USB interface triggers the screen to light up.

Upvote 0
Got the active a couple days ago and started having the same problem as everyone else with the screen staying on. After 4 trips to att I finally found out the issue, the case that I had on the phone was consistently pushing the special active button in which was causing my phone to randomly light up. Hope this helps everyone

Upvote 0
I had this same issue, maybe you have the "Easy Screen Turn On" on in the Dexterity and Interaction settings. It kinda works like the setting on the S4 when you wave your had over the phone to see the time.

You were spot on for finding the cause of my screen playing up ^^^

Just for everyone's info im....

Not on verison
Not on snapchat
Have hidden notifications on.
Gmail sync is enabled
I do not have messenger+
It was not the light sensor

Thanks for your advice it saved my sanity.

....................................................................................................................................................................
System :-
-------------

Manufacturer: Samsung
Model: SM-G930F
Board: universal8890
Hardware: samsungexynos8890
Screen Resolution: 1920 * 1080 Pixels
Boot Loader: G930FXXU2DRB6
Host: SWDG9703
Version: 7.0 Nougat
API Level: 24
Build ID: NRD90M
ABI: arm64-v8a
Network - O2
Internal Storage Overview
Used :8.69 GB
Free :15.89 GB
Total :24.58 GB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones