• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Terms & Conditions

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
For some reason, Samsung OFTEN asks me to "agree or disagree" with their Terms and Conditions. The problem is that to accept it, it is all written English BUT when I click on them to see what it is that Samsung wants me to agree to, it is written in Dutch! Any ideas how to change this so it reads in English? I know that I can use a translator, but why should I? If they want me to agree to something, then I need to know what I'm agreeing to.

Anyone else having this issue? This is not occurring on any other pages or documents.

Thanks.

I contacted Samsung about my language issue and here is what they sent (below). On an interesting note, I found that when I travel outside of the U.S., it is then that I have this issue. Once I am back in the U.S., it is English again. I hope that this helps someone else too.

"Please note that the language of your services are set according to the country you have bought your SIM card from or according to the WI-FI IP.

If you are referring to the language settings of the Samsung Galaxy Application, please note that Samsung Apps will always use the country information from your SIM card.

If you don't have a SIM card in your device, the country will be set according to the location information of the IP that you are using under Wi-Fi connection.
If none of these are valid, you have probably selected the wrong country when setting up Samsung Apps.

If you want to select another country for Samsung Apps you have to clear your Samsung Apps data first and complete the registration procedure again. Please follow these easy steps:

1. Open "Menu" panel from device;
2. Tap Settings>General>Device manager>Application manager;
3. Flick screen to the right until you see the "All" panel;
4. Select Samsung Apps from list;
5. Click "Clear data" and after reading the information that appears on the pop-up click "OK">"Clear cache">OK>"Turn off">OK>"Turn on">OK;
6. Run Samsung Apps again and complete the registration process entering the required information.

Should you encounter any issues, related to Samsung Account and Services, please feel free to contact us.

We would like to inform you to also visit Customer Support | CONTENT & SERVICES and go to "My Question" category and from there you can see our replies to you and also send us more questions or additional information by clicking the "add question" button.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,
"

Upvote 0
You could be right AnonGuy. It does update quite frequently but lately it has slowed down a bit. It was just annoying. In my case, I had the data turned off and I was using WiFi in another country. As soon as I got back to the good 'ol US of A, it was back to English again.

I am curious if any other international travelers have this issue. I have never noticed it while I'm in the US.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones