• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
What's the rest of his message? I totally get the healthcare issue.
he wants free college tuition, taxing the wealthy, green new deal, and medicare for all. these are his top agenda policies. he has others, but i think that is what he is mostly running on. those all sounds great on paper. but there is no way in hell they will get passed without some major modifications unless he comes up with a sensible plan on how those programs will get paid. even if the democrats gain the majority in the senate i doubt those ideas will ever come across his desk if he becomes the president.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Cut military spending. That could pay for all of that. My current President has totally pacified Russia, North Korea and China so who would the US be fighting exactly?
pacified? i don't think so. russia is still cyber attacking us. NK is still conducting nuclear tests. and china gave us covid-19 (not intentially).

and cutting the military is not an option.

Upvote 0
I'm only talking a few billion @ocnbrze.
3 less B2s or equivalent cost strategic systems built per year should cover it. Maybe I should have said military industrial complex to be clearer. Our US service men and women should be paid much more IMHO. They're the ones who let me sleep well at night. Grumman executives are way down on my list of Americans who need more support.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and Hadron
Upvote 0
The USA spends more on its military than the next 11 countries combined. And the same was true give-or-take one country under the previous administration, despite absurd talk by Trump of Obama "starving" the military. So yes, it is obviously possible to shift some very considerable sums to other purposes without incurring any strategic risk at all, though it may mean that some very deep pockets get lined a little less thickly.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones