• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SAVING PASSWORDS

Passwords are too complex to remember but to save them on my S8 means if the phone is lost or stolen someone gains access to ALL accounts. How does one handle passwords on a smart phone?

I keep the phone locked with a pattern and PIN lock, and if either are entered incorrectly more than 10 times, the phone erases itself.

Upvote 0
PIN or fingerprint to unlock, some stuff I let Google keep the password for and some I don't. The ones I don't are pretty complicated so I use aWallet to store them. That, of course, has a complicated password also but it's just one to remember in a pinch. I also have Cerberus to track and wipe if needed, and Google can do that as well.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Android now offers to save your passwords to your Google account... not to the phone itself. If you are not interested in that, I use LastPass as a password manager. It can create impossibly complex passwords and store them in a vault that you can access with your single master password. It syncs across all your devices: so you can either log in with your password, fingerprint, etc. and it can autofill fields for you.

Upvote 0
sorry but I am very slow and no longer trust this S8. Once again all contact between my S8 and computer is gone and I have no Bixby or voice Google.

Is it possible to back track the steps you've taken before you got to this point. Like another member mentioned Google password save is where you need to be with saving your password information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones