• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Say Hi to another DEV

MysteryEmotion

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2011
I just wanted to say hi and introduce my self to you guys. My name is MysteryEmotionz on xda ( for some reason i cant use that name here. to many letters :( )

I was a developer and a themer for the samsung epic. I had one of the best themes and rom available for the epic untill i got sick of sprint n left.

Ive worked with Konane in the past and i have been talking to him since i picked up the admire. He started the syndicate line of roms for the samsung epic.. When he left i picked up where he left off.

Im also a member of a team of Developers. Android Creative Syndicate.

Ive been talking to a couple of people and where gonna make moves on getting roms, themes, and kernels for this phone. i for one hate stock. I would love to see this phone ext4, 1ghz oc running my rom. im sure alot of you do.

Now that my introduction is over i do have a request and hopefully someone can full fill it for me. Im looking for the samsung admire 2.3.6 update. Yes im aware of it breaking metro data. So if anyone reading this has this update or know where i can find it please share. ( samsung pulled it off of there wesite )

I just wanted to say hi and introduce my self to you guys. My name is MysteryEmotionz on xda ( for some reason i cant use that name here. to many letters :( )

I was a developer and a themer for the samsung epic. I had one of the best themes and rom available for the epic untill i got sick of sprint n left.

Ive worked with Konane in the past and i have been talking to him since i picked up the admire. He started the syndicate line of roms for the samsung epic.. When he left i picked up where he left off.

Ive been talking to a couple of people and where gonna make moves on getting roms, themes, and kernels for this phone. i for one hate stock. I would love to see this phone ext4, 1ghz oc running my rom. im sure alot of you do.

Now that my introduction is over i do have a request and hopefully someone can full fill it for me. Im looking for the samsung admire 2.3.6 update. Yes im aware of it breaking metro data. So if anyone reading this has this update or know where i can find it please share. ( samsung pulled it off of there wesite )

I'm trying to upload it here, but its going very slowly.

It looks like the samsung link still works Here

!! Warning !! THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO UPGRADED TO 2.3.6, THIS UPGRADE WILL RENDER YOUR MMS AND DATA-SERVICE USELESS.

Upvote 0
glad to see there's still hope. I used to follow your work off qbking77 YouTube page and I am well aware if your,and your teams, work. So, glad to see someone with quality work on there spreadsheet :D

btw just a lil question ... what would having the new update help you with if it's not meant for our current root?

A list of your currents projects would be nice.

Anyways, just wanted to say Welcome to our "Huge" -___- admire community. lolz

Upvote 0
glad to see there's still hope. I used to follow your work off qbking77 YouTube page and I am well aware if your,and your teams, work. So, glad to see someone with quality work on there spreadsheet :D

btw just a lil question ... what would having the new update help you with if it's not meant for our current root?

A list of your currents projects would be nice.

Anyways, just wanted to say Welcome to our "Huge" -___- admire community. lolz

Having the update will allow us to get odin working. Once we get odin working we can use it to flash r phones without cwm. I'm also planning on making a stock rooted tar of 2.3.4 so we have something to fall back on if the shit hits the fan. I then can also see what is missing from it and get the update fully working.

I have no current projects but I had my hands in alot of things on xda. Just search for my name and you can see for your selfs. My biggest accomplishments are syndicate frozen 1.2 (rom) and emorionless beast reserection (theme)

Upvote 0
Having the update will allow us to get odin working. Once we get odin working we can use it to flash r phones without cwm. I'm also planning on making a stock rooted tar of 2.3.4 so we have something to fall back on if the shit hits the fan. I then can also see what is missing from it and get the update fully working.

I have no current projects but I had my hands in alot of things on xda. Just search for my name and you can see for your selfs. My biggest accomplishments are syndicate frozen 1.2 (rom) and emorionless beast reserection (theme)

Here is the link to the ROM

Samsung took down the search to the ROM, but left the ROM in place.

Various people having an archive of the ROM may be helpful

If you are like me, trying to learn and get the vocabulary, here is a link about ODIN that developer is talking about. And here is another guide about using ODIN. (Seems you can't do it natively in Ubuntu)

Upvote 0
Hey, nice to see another Dev for our phones. I told the other dev I would donate when he finishes the rom, but we haven't seen anything for awhile :/ I would gladly donate to you because the other guy can't work on our phones, and I thought it was kinda weird how he tells everyone he has a sick baby and asks for $10 for an hour of development. If my daughter was sick, I wouldn't do any development and just focus on my daughter.

Reactions: marixxaa
Upvote 0
Unforgiven has been asking for $10 to dedicate an hour solely to the admire from the start. The reason you dont see any updates is because his newborn daughter is sick. Know the rules, real life comes first ;) the reason he is still at least working on the admire is because he has already been donated to and has already commited to the project. Show some sympathy :D
Also welcome Mystery emotionz I have seen some of your work and I know you will do a great job in whatever you do :)

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
I do have sympathy actually i have empathy, my mom is also really sick, shes going to spend christmas in the hospital just like halloween and thanksgiving and my birthday. Im not cold hearted, i understand real life comes first, its just I dont want to donate the little money i do come up with unless i see some updates

I understand we've all been there. I wasn't trying to come across as calling you or anyone cold hearted simply trying to set unforgivens situation straight so other readers can know what is going on :)

Upvote 0

Welcome to the Forums MysteryEmotion! Glad you decided to join us over here at AF also! Always nice to have one more dev around!

Upvote 0

Yea I had a friends Epic 4g nd I rooted it and had enough time to get the frozen syndicate rom in there and honestly it was the ffastest yet stable to me. to this day I' believe he still has it cause he doesn't know how to flash another one and I haven't had the chance too.

But it'd be awesome to see some qbking77 videos up in the admire. I'm also a phone/rom reviewer. I did some on the Samsung Transform . so I'd be willing to help the community with some detailed reviews .

can't wait to get this show on the road!!

Upvote 0
Yea I had a friends Epic 4g nd I rooted it and had enough time to get the frozen syndicate rom in there and honestly it was the ffastest yet stable to me. to this day I' believe he still has it cause he doesn't know how to flash another one and I haven't had the chance too.

But it'd be awesome to see some qbking77 videos up in the admire. I'm also a phone/rom reviewer. I did some on the Samsung Transform . so I'd be willing to help the community with some detailed reviews .

can't wait to get this show on the road!!

Yea ill be working with qbking to have some videos. He is an ACS team member.

Upvote 0
Stoked to have a new dev. Seems like we've all been waiting along time for something to happen
with this phone

I already started shit for this phone and ill share with you guys and provide instructions. With out cwm nothing can be flashed. According to quadrant I got the admire running better then a stock galaxy s. Yes I know quadrant isn't good but it helps to see if my tweaks make a difference.

Reactions: SpawnHyuuga
Upvote 0

I also have been waiting for a ROM for this phone. Anything you can do to speed this process along will be greatly appreciate im sure by many. Plus youll have the bragging rights of having the first ROM available for the Admire. :p

Upvote 0
I already started shit for this phone and ill share with you guys and provide instructions. With out cwm nothing can be flashed. According to quadrant I got the admire running better then a stock galaxy s. Yes I know quadrant isn't good but it helps to see if my tweaks make a difference.

Really my older brother has the galaxy s

Upvote 0
Yea ill be working with qbking to have some videos. He is an ACS team member.

Yea he's one of my biggest motivators on making vids to help out the forum community. Along with WWJOSHDEW they're both alot of help and great time consumers.

It'd be tight work seeing him messing with an admire since he's only lately been working with high end phones lolz.

Reactions: wwjoshdew
Upvote 0
you Posted on twitter that you have admire running at 1ghz and im dying to try it out cant wait
good job definitely donating when you release it

No I don't have it 1ghz. The only things I'm able to modify at the moment is the minfree, build.prob, and sysctl. I'm being carefull with what I do without the ability to back up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones