• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SBF Troubles

RWil85

Jan 17, 2011
Serious fudge up.

I, apparently, am delirious and used the 2.3.340 SBF over the two part rooted GB .596 bc I was so pissed that I got into a bootloop somehow after, seemingly, getting the phone to be working smoothly in a near-perfect state.

I am in a serious bootloop now.

ANY help would be appreciated..next course of action?

If you go into recovery, and do a factory data reset, you should be able to boot right up into Froyo. Do you know how to get into recovery?

Sorry for not posting back..haven't been able to post all day.

Anyway - seemingly, was able to get it all figured out..did what Steven posted last night and it had got me back on Froyo, after which I rooted and did the two part install again to get back to GB.

I don't know what caused the bootloop in the first place..i'm guessing widgetlocker bc I was messing with the settings, prob pissed it off.

also, thanks colchiro for posting and then checking back..awfully cool of you to do so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones