1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

screech!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by B_Cersche, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Hello all! I though it would post this here because i haven't been able to pinpoint another post on this issue, if my searching skills are not up to par please don't flame :D

during a call, i'm getting complaints of a high pitched squeal/screech. this is only recent and i have been playing around with some different kernels here and there from chevy, (i'm also using bb 0.4) does anyone have any ideas if this could be a hardware, software, or network issue?

Advertisement

2. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    I'd imagine it being a hardware/network issue...IMO. I've had that happen, but only because the person on the other end was literally right beside me; I was test calling lol.

Sorry I'm no help, but I hope you get this fixed man...has got to be annoying as hell! Good luck!

3. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    Try turning your Voice Privacy setting off.

If that doesn't work. Try changing your voice codec by doing the following:

Open dialer, press ##PROGRAM, press call button. Enter 000000 at the password prompt. Change your vocode setting to EVRC-B and Save. Your phone will reboot when you exit to your home screen.

B_Cersche likes this.
  4. Awesome advice! Ill try that and make a few more calls later in the day in which afterwards I'll post back my results. Thanks again!

5. xliderider

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    Hope it helps. :)

I just checked. After changing the vocode setting, just press the Back or Home soft key to exit. Your phone will reboot.

We used to have a high pitched chirp/screech sound on Verizon on the Blackberry 8330 in some locations using some radio files. I hope it isn't a similar problem with Verizon and the Droid. Though i've never heard the chirp on my Droid. I used to get it in my BB.

6. It worked! Thanks a lot Xliderider :)

7. xliderider

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    Glad to hear that. :)