• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Brightness?

Z

zeldaboy101

I was comparing the Revo and the Charge side by side in the VZW store and I swear the Revo's screen appeared to be much brighter. I went into settings and manually turned both of them up to max brightness and the Charge's screen looked good, but the Revo's was noticeably brighter.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

I think the brightness issue comes down to preference too. I liked the LG Revo indoors, very warm and bright. Outdoors in direct sunlight, not so much. I agree with jinwons, the Charge has better black contrast due to the OLED technology, it basically turns off that pixel, perfect black contrast as compared to the LG Revo TFT LCD, which uses the typical backlight and the black is harder to generate. If you are outdoors more then the Droid Charge may work out better, I think that Super AMOLED Plus is much better in the battery life department, but I may be in the minority opinion.

Upvote 0
There's plenty of brightness availalbe in the Revo's screen. I've found "Auto Brightness" to be indecisive and annoying and have turned it off. But, setting it manally has been a bit frustrating too as the setting doesn't seem to stick where I set it. I'm still learning and hoping I can get a bit more battery life. - MarkC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones