• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Dimming before going off ....

Nope, don't think so. It's basically a warning that your screen's about to time-out.

If I may ask, why does it bother you?

Sure .... I use it as a clock when in the desk charger. I have it set in SETTINGS (applications) to leave the screen on while charging. The screen dims ~90% after 2 minutes but it does stay on.

To have an option to "leave screen on while charging" would logically mean that someone want the screen to stay on while charging not "screen dim while charging" ..... so it makes little sense why they dim it when the option is checked to leave it on. :thinking: :)

There is a power profiles app which I tried (actually paid for) and it does exactly what I want (although the native settings should do it as well) but that app is kind of flakey and causes the phone to lock up or crash after a few hours. (I'm running the 2.1 Cyanogen ROM).

Upvote 0
Sure .... I use it as a clock when in the desk charger. I have it set in SETTINGS (applications) to leave the screen on while charging. The screen dims ~90% after 2 minutes but it does stay on.

Oh, I gotcha. Weird, I have to manually put mine to sleep when I put it in the desk charger.

Screebl (in the Market) might help. If I can figure why mine stays at full brightness in the charger, I'll sure let you know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones