• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Freeze on Brave browser

Ian Preddy

Aug 18, 2018
Hi all,

An unwanted update to Firefox on my S5E tablet made it "Firefox for Android", which I wasn't impressed by as it took away visible tabs, making navigation of tabs just more cumbersome. I also had a curious experience when loading the Daily Telegraph site. The screen froze after loading. All other sites work normally. By cleaning data, restarting, etc, I managed to overcome the Telegraph freeze issue but thought I'd switch to Brave browser, where the tab system remains. The problem of screen freeze was there again and won't go away. I installed Brave on to my A5 and it was the same. I installed Opera on both devices and the site operated correctly.

I've been talking to the Brave forum without success and I'm awaiting a reply from the Telegraph tech support. Any ideas, meanwhile?

Thanks,

Ian

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones