• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen locking up.

sleedeane

Android Expert
Jul 6, 2011
Columbia, MO.
I couldn't find the S6 Edge forum but I think this one is close enough.
My phone is freezing up. Sometimes the desktop, or surfing, or the middle of a game or a crossword, or texting, or hopefully not while I'm writing this or I'll have to start over; totally random and sporadic. It'll stay frozen in place until I hit the home button at least once usually twice.
I tried eliminating GoLauncher, but Touchwiz is exactly the same problem.
Do I need to use the warranty and get this thing replaced, or...?
Thank you.

Now this just popped up :

uploadfromtaptalk1441393987785.jpg

Is this for real or do I ignore it?

Upvote 0
Moving to S6 Edge forum

Does this issue happen even in safe mode? (just to rule out a rogue 3rd party app)

Im going to ignore the anti - virus warning. I think they're trying to sell me an anti-virus app.
But you got me thinking about third - party apps so I went back one by one uninstalling a few apps that I recently installed.
I think a font app was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and am trying everything to get it to freeze up and it won't.
I think I'm good to go. ;)
Thanks again.

Reactions: jj14x and mikedt
Upvote 0
How do I get to safe mode?

From https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21007

Turn on safe mode
  1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When 'Samsung Galaxy S 6' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

Reactions: sleedeane
Upvote 0
Is this for real or do I ignore it?

Im going to ignore the anti - virus warning. I think they're trying to sell me an anti-virus app.
Good choice! These are ads from some sites that you visit. I hate these! I rooted my phone (Nexus) and installed adaway just to get rid of these type of annoyances. I've heard that the ghostery browser (from play store) will block all these as well. Personally, I prefer chrome, but if I weren't rooted, I'd look at ghostery.
Sad part is that if you did install that "antivirus", it may end up being a virus itself!!

But you got me thinking about third - party apps so I went back one by one uninstalling a few apps that I recently installed.
I think a font app was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and am trying everything to get it to freeze up and it won't.
I think I'm good to go. ;)
Awesome to hear that!! Enjoy your phone :)

Reactions: sleedeane
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones