• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Overlay????

Android Version 6.0.1 How do I turn off screen overlay permissions?
I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but try changing the 'display over other apps' setting.

Your path will be different than mine [I'm on 8.0.0]; look for similar settings on yours:

System Settings | Apps & notifications | Special app access | Display over other apps

Then, in the displayed list, find the app(s) you want to change, and turn them off.

Reactions: TWERKER and MrJavi
Upvote 0
On Android 6.0:
1st way:

Step 1:
First, we access the link Settings> Applications> Application Management.
Step 2:
Next, select More> Applications may appear on the top. A list of applications appears, you just need to turn off all applications in this list, by swiping the bar to the left to disable the screen overlay feature on Android.

2nd way:
Step 1:
First, you need to access the Settings on the device and select Apps. Next, click the gear icon in the right corner of the screen.
Step 2:
In the new interface, scroll down and select the item Special Access. Next, select Draw on other applications. Some devices will immediately display this option when we click the settings icon.
Step 3:
In the list opened, we will select the applications that we want to license then disable the feature Draw on other applications (Permit drawing over other apps)
Good luck!

Reactions: TWERKER and MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones