• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen protector for otterbox defender

Nihil14

Lurker
Nov 30, 2018
I'm looking for a screen protector to use with otterbox defender note 9 since they now lack screens. I used the invisible shield HD plastic and bubbles after a day would be find with this I suppose if they were dirt cheap and not 25 bucks. I tried the zagg glass one but thay thing cracked after like a 8 inch fall and that was 50 bucks. Either want a dirt cheap to replace solution or a really strong one that will take months to year of use and abuse..these curved screens are proving to be a gimmick. Any help is appreciated

I wonder if the otterbox alpha flex work for the otterbox defender

The only screen protector that really works for curved screen uses transparent glue, yes it's glued to the screen, not sure if you want to go that way.
Yeah the white dome. Apparently there's a plastic one available on otterboxes website but not released in stores yet. Having hard time finding reviews on it. Considering trying and reviewing

Considering this but no reviews https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/samsung-galaxy-note9/alpha-flex-screen-protector/77-61003.html#q=alpha+flex&lang=default&start=1

Upvote 0
Has anyone found anything? I prefer the Commuter from Otterbox, but that means easier adjustments because it's softer nearest the glass? Dome seems to be the obvious choice for screen protection, but if I had to choose the case OR the protector, what would make the most sense?

I'm really not fond of the curved screen. I find it doesn't work as described and is a hassle for cases and screen protectors...

Upvote 0
Has anyone found anything? I prefer the Commuter from Otterbox, but that means easier adjustments because it's softer nearest the glass? Dome seems to be the obvious choice for screen protection, but if I had to choose the case OR the protector, what would make the most sense?

I'm really not fond of the curved screen. I find it doesn't work as described and is a hassle for cases and screen protectors...
I had one with my samsung galaxy s3 until it crashed on me, on several occasions, it fit perfectly even without the glass, it only condenses the outside, and really do not have to bother with a glass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones