• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen Protector(s)

bo1953

Dec 21, 2012
Hello all, soon (I hope) my XL will be in and wanted to find out which brand(s) of screen protector, if any, you use?

My local store is selling them at $45 a pop, which I now realize is over priced even if it is Gorilla Glass.... I can purchase a decent case for that type of money, so I believe, speaking of which, thoughts on cases?

Thinking of something in leather for my black phone??? Thoughts on what you have, if any?

TIA - bo1953

I was watching a comparison drop test video about that just last week. It seemed paying all that extra for a gorilla glass/tempered glass screen protector didn't make all that big a difference. I'll update this post with a link when I find it.

UPDATE:

dpb - Thank you for posting the video.. very informative. My ultimate question/concern would be for scratches from everyday use, as I would have case already in place.

The video appears to allude that the $22 screen protector would be just fine for everyday scratches? Anyone else concur?

Suggestions as to which specific brand I need to consider?

TIA - bo1953

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones