• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector?

I was going to order this product, but as I was going through the checkout process I noticed the shipping charge. I might be a little cheap, but paying $11.94 for the shipping through UPS & paying $12.93 for the actual item ... is a bit steep for me. I am not sure how the cheapest shipping method for an item that is under 1lb is possible, but I can not make myself pay those shipping charges. Maybe if it was overnight, but USP ground from my experience takes 5-7 business days.

USPS first class if free

Upvote 0
I want to get an 'invisible shield' but they don't make it for the Moment yet. For now I am using the one that they sell at Sprint. It's crap. I had to cut it myself (not a bad job if I say so myself) but it's impossible to apply without bubbles at the edges. And there is reduced (but not bad) touch screen sensitivity.

i tried that. zaggs invisible shield. waste of money cuz i took it off the next day. not all of the air bubbles go away and i hated the texture bumpy feeling to it. i just go naked and use my radio shack universal holster leather case. just got to be careful not to drop it.

Upvote 0
i tried that. zaggs invisible shield. waste of money cuz i took it off the next day. not all of the air bubbles go away and i hated the texture bumpy feeling to it. i just go naked and use my radio shack universal holster leather case. just got to be careful not to drop it.

invisible shield is hard to put on but if u do take your sweet ass job and do a good job its actually really nice. I got it on my blackberry 9630 with not on air bubble it just took an hour of being extremely careful.

Upvote 0
Whatever happened to the screen protectors that are an actual plastic film? This clearfreak screen protector is the same exact vinyl garbage that I got off ebay 3 for 5 bucks except it comes with stuff for the back of the phone too.

If anybody comes across a REAL screen protector could you post a link? This is my 3rd screen protector purchase and they are all the same.

I just installed the screen protector hoping it would be different but it's worse than the ebay ones. This one doesn't fit right!!! The top is lined up perfectly and the bottom is about 3-4 mm too long.

Upvote 0
Whatever happened to the screen protectors that are an actual plastic film? This clearfreak screen protector is the same exact vinyl garbage that I got off ebay 3 for 5 bucks except it comes with stuff for the back of the phone too.

If anybody comes across a REAL screen protector could you post a link? This is my 3rd screen protector purchase and they are all the same.

I just installed the screen protector hoping it would be different but it's worse than the ebay ones. This one doesn't fit right!!! The top is lined up perfectly and the bottom is about 3-4 mm too long.

No, the clearfreak is not. It is 3m PLASTIC and it's pre-cut front and back. It's quality stuff. They use it to line helicopter blades and also the front of automobiles.

I just received mine and installed. Perfect fit for 10.41 delivered.

Really cut the glare and fingerprints on the front.

Upvote 0
Thanks, bought one from there.

I am estatic! No bubbles whatsoever! Perfect fit, front....almost perfect fit on the back (just a little hangover in the camera area that doesn't interfere with the camera. I just need to pop off the battery cover and use a razor blade to shave off just a fraction of plastic.

The glare on the Moment is almost gone.,,,and NO FINGERPRINTS! NONE! No Face prints!

For 10.41 shipped (front and back protection) you can't beat this product. Also, this is not the other CLEAR PROTECT product. They sell the same thing but much higher price. Use the discount code mentioned above.

PS...I don't know these guys or work for them. Just a very satisfied customer.

Upvote 0
I am estatic! No bubbles whatsoever! Perfect fit, front....almost perfect fit on the back (just a little hangover in the camera area that doesn't interfere with the camera. I just need to pop off the battery cover and use a razor blade to shave off just a fraction of plastic.

The glare on the Moment is almost gone.,,,and NO FINGERPRINTS! NONE! No Face prints!

For 10.41 shipped (front and back protection) you can't beat this product. Also, this is not the other CLEAR PROTECT product. They sell the same thing but much higher price. Use the discount code mentioned above.

PS...I don't know these guys or work for them. Just a very satisfied customer.
Thanks again. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

I was going to wait for Best Skins Ever but who knows when they will make them. These are so much cheaper than Ghost-Armor that charges $25 + shipping.

Now just have to wait for the skins to get here...

Upvote 0
Cheap 3 pack of eBay protectors = fail.

I've never seen screen 'protectors' like this, they are just vinyl. There is no way to get it bubble free and it looks ugly. I doubt these will last 2 weeks each. Especially since I'm about to take the one I just put on 30 minutes ago off because it's nasty.

Ordered the clearfreaks.com protector just now. The ebay ones will have to just stay there til I get another. I fear for my screens all the time!

I think I ordered the same ones you did from Ebay! I just got them yesterday and they are nothing like any other screen protector I've had before.

They were thicker and the adhesive was really sticky, so it was hard to get it on the surface correctly and it had tons of bubbles. I just ripped it off and am going to look for a different one.

Upvote 0
I think I ordered the same ones you did from Ebay! I just got them yesterday and they are nothing like any other screen protector I've had before.

I went back to those after not getting the clear freak to fit right and it went on nicely! I'd actually keep it if it wasn't for the fact that I want something like my old screen protectors. I was going to just trash it but figured i'd email them and ask wtf. Maybe I got a stretched cut or something because the back was too long as well.

The protectors that I'm looking for come with 3 sheets. One you remove to expose the sticky side, and the other you leave on while you apply the film, when you are done you remove the 3rd layer and you have left a thin, firm plastic shield. ScreenWard I know for a fact makes them like that but they don't have one for the Moment yet.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones